Monday, April 15, 2019

Rules when bringing your gadgets on a trip

I’m Kati Volitich. Being a computer engineering student, I’m very much partial to anything that has to do with technology. I spend a lot of time at the mall, marveling at the many new gadgets. I also make time to go to tech conventions. They’re like my Disneyland. I even travel cross-country to attend these events.

Image source: Pixabay.com
Speaking of travel, I noticed that during the last convention I attended – in November of last year – I spoke to a fellow techie who shared her own thoughts on a very interesting subject matter. We talked about simple rules of thumb when bringing electronic gadgets along on a trip.

While my traveler friends often caution me to leave most of my gadgets at home, I just can’t. I’m the sort of person who needs her gadgets with her at all times. So, this new friend of mine said, it’s okay to bring gadgets as long as I remember few important things.

Image source: Pixabay.com
First, set their connectivity switches on so they can access Wi-Fi hotspots as soon as these spots are detected. This can save gadget users a lot of time and hassle.

Next up, I should never forget the importance of bringing batteries and chargers. I have three power banks, which I always bring along and keep fully charged. Everyone should have at least one power bank. They’re more than an okay investment.

Finally, all my gadgets should be in shock-resistant casing. Travel involves a lot of movement, and sometimes a certain jolt may be enough to damage a gadget. A casing prevents that.

Kati Volitich is a lover of all things tech. She is a computer engineering major at UC Berkeley, and a fan of tech giants such as Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Amazon, and Google. For more tech reads, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment